You stare in disbelief at your reflection in the mirror - dark spots, uneven tone – and ask yourself if this is how you’ll always look. The good news is that with the right treatment, consistent throughout the year, you will be able to bur or even make disappear those nasty spots.
Melanin management plan
A special treatment addressing all stages of melanin secretion and neutralizing all causes that enhance its activity will help you control the formation of new spots and brighten up existing ones.
This treatment relies on two critical principles:
A complex of safe and effective active ingredients to be used throughout the whole year.
There are plenty of actives to treat pigmentation, but most of them - hydroquinone, kojic acid, arbutin, retinol and other acids - are highly susceptible to radiation. If exposed, they may darken the spots, and are therefore recommended for use only during the winter.
It is recommended to use products containing safe and effective actives such as curcumin extract, niacinamide, stable vitamin C, Chilean Boldo tree extract, brightening peptides and more. All these have enhanced brightening properties, but do not irritate the skin.
- Smart delivery system – Christina labs use advanced technologies to facilitate the penetration of active ingredients deeper into the skin. Smart capsules open up when reaching the depth of the skin and disperse the actives. In this way all the active material does not lose from its concentration. The capsules possess a delayed release mechanism, and so the active ingredients have a prolonged effect. Irritation is considerably reduced, unlike in the case of retinol, or vitamin C.
Brightening treatment during the summer
In most cases, pigmentation cells become damaged after exposure to sun at younger ages, becoming over active every time you cease the depigmentation treatment. It is important to balance the activity of those cells twice a day over 365 days. Consistency is the name of the game! Once pigmentation cells are out of balance, they become active all day long, every day. If treatment is stopped, spots will reappear and the entire effort of brightening them will have been in vain. Ingredients sensitive to sun radiation (like prescription creams) oxidize when exposed to sun and enhance the visibility of dark spots. They must not be used during the summer season, and usage only during the cold season will not lead to desired results.
Many customers ask for a time line in the treatment of pigmentation, and we would like to underline that such treatment is an entire process, and the time required for results to show varied from one customer to another. Life style also plays a role in the treatment – stress impacts negatively on results, exposure to sun (even if sun block was applied) can delay improvement. Some can see result within a month, others within a year.
Pigmentation spots are not God given! They can become blurred or disappear entirely with the help of advanced technologies and active ingredients available today. Remember: there are no shortcuts and there are no magical products. There is only a process the requires patience and consistency.
Recommended treatment protocol
- Cleansing twice a day with facial soap containing glycolic acid
In the Morning:
- Serum with vitamin C for day use, able to counteract damage from sun exposure.
- Day cream SPF 50 with brightening peptide, vitamin E and replenishing moisturizers.
In the Evening:
- Toner, enriched with actives for calming, moisturizing and brightening
- Serum enriched with powerful antioxidants + night cream with retinol at bedtime.